1. Don't wear jewelry in the bath or shower. Bath products can damage jewelry.
2. Don't wear jewelry in the pool, salt water, or chlorine all three things can damage jewelry.
3. Keep jewelry in areas away from large amounts of smoke including cigarette smoke. Hydrogen Sulfide in smoke can increase silver jewelry tarnish rate.
4. Put your jewelry on last, after you have finished applying your lotions, perfume, make up, etc.
5. Remove jewelry first when undressing so that the jewelry does not get caught on your clothing.